Hello! My name is Lee-Sean.
I was born in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, and I grew up mostly in the suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I graduated with a BA in Government from Harvard University in 2003. I lived in Nakatsu City, Oita Prefecture, Japan as an Assistant Language Teacher on the JET Programme from 2003-2006. I moved to New York City in August 2006.
In this blog I will talk about my experiences, thoughts, travels, etc.
more about me
- Harvard University, Bachelors of Arts in Government cum laude
- Øresund Summer University at Lunds Universitet Department of Law, Master’s level summer course in Human Rights
- University of Barcelona, Diploma in Spanish Studies
- Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne, Intensive course in French language
- JET Programme Correspondence Course, Advanced Japanese Language and Japanese Linguistics and Pedagogy
- I play piano, keyboard and cello (classically trained, but I seldom play classical anymore)
- I also occasionally write my own songs
- I have performed both solo and in bands/orchestras of all kinds, from high school orchestra to a playing in the band at church to playing in rock bands and even a latin band.
- I took two classes in electronic music production in university, and I have experience recording tracks with my former band.
- I have travelled all across Europe, Asia and the Americas
- I studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain for one year during university studying Spanish and Catalan language and literature
- I studied French language and culture in Paris for 2 summers
- I also spent a summer in Lund, Sweden studying human rights
- I enjoy all kinds of food, but especially hot, spicy food
- I worked for a year (part-time) flipping burgers, frying french fries, mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers and making milkshakes
- I have organized cooking lessons and demonstrations for my students
- I have thrown countless dinner parties for my friends and family
- English (Native Proficiency)
- Mandarin Chinese (Native Oral Proficiency, Intermediate Literacy)
- Japanese (Advanced Proficiency)
- Spanish (Advanced Proficiency)
- French (High-Intermediate Proficiency)
- Swedish (Intermediate Proficiency)
- Catalan (Reading Knowledge, Oral Comprehension)
- Portuguese (Reading Knowledge, Oral Comprehension)
- Taiwanese (Oral Comprehension)